Monday, April 19, 2010

Its a typical Cape Town winters day today – overcast and wet – the first of the season.  It was a delight to wake to the sound of the rain this morning, although I always have a conscience about being happy when it is cold and wet knowing there are so many people in this city who live in make-shift houses with no protection from the elements.
That said, it was a thrill to pull on my Ugg boots and a winter jacket and I am already thinking along the lines of soups and stews for dinner this week.  The other thing I love about Cape Town is the fact that the weather is so unpredictable and that yesterday was a gorgeous sunny day and tomorrow might be the same again.  The girls got their bikes out of the garage for the first time this year – since Emma broke her ankle they haven’t been cycling.  They spent the best part of the afternoon cycling around the neighbourhood and I baked for the first time in months, if not years.  I made lamington squares and they turned out fabulously – such a relief! Su, Tom and Ella came over for tea and cake and it was the perfect ending to a perfect weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment